TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHY SHOULD YOU CLEAN YOUR SOFA BED?
- 6 EASY STEPS TO CLEAN A SOFA BED QUICKLY
- HOW TO CLEAN A SLEEPER SOFA WITHOUT A VACUUM
- FINAL WORDS
Did you know millions of dust particles and dust mites live on your sofa bed? Moreover, it’s home to food crumbs, hair, and other particles. After all, you don’t just sit on it. Your guests sleep on your sofa bed too.
That gives more reason to keep it spotless. However, your sofa bed requires a different cleaning process than a regular sofa. Don’t worry. We will show you how to clean your sofa bed in easy steps.
WHY SHOULD YOU CLEAN YOUR SOFA BED?
Your sleeper sofa hosts millions of dust mites. These are microscopic creatures that feed on your dead skin cells. Well, they don’t bite you but can cause allergic reactions.
So, if you have itchy eyes or start sneezing in the middle of the night, you know the culprit. These dust mites can worsen your respiratory problems, including asthma.
Moreover, why would you share your sofa bed with so many creepy creatures? That’s why you should clean your sleeper sofa regularly to maintain hygiene.
6 EASY STEPS TO CLEAN A SOFA BED QUICKLY
Remove the cushions and covers
Start by taking off the removable covers and cushions. That will help in better cleaning.
Now, you’ll find items that fell inside your sofa bed, like coins, pens, and combs. Take them out by hand. You might be surprised to discover your long-lost earphones or your hair clip inside.
Wash/ Dry clean the flip covers
If the flip covers are washable, put them in your washing machine on a gentle cycle with mild detergent. Make sure you read the care instructions before washing the covers.
What if the covers are not washable? You can take them to the dry cleaners. Alternatively, you can vacuum them if there are no marks and stains.
Open your sofa bed
Unfold your sofa bed into a bed. It will let you clean the mattress properly. Plus, you’ll be able to remove the mattress and clean it below the bed too.
Clean the Mattress
Cleaning the mattress of your sofa bed is a task. But following these steps will make your life easier.
- Remove the mattress cover and launder it according to the instructions.
- Vacuum the surface of your mattress to remove all particles and dust mites. Use the vacuum’s brush attachment for better cleaning.
But what about stains on your sofa bed mattress? Don’t worry. You can remove them without much trouble.
- Dip a cloth in cold, soapy water. Make sure you use a mild detergent.
- Don’t wet your mattress. Use just enough water to dampen it.
- Rub the cloth on the stain a few times and let it dry.
- Repeat the process if the stain remains.
Clean the crevices and corners
Dirt and dust particles accumulate in the nooks and corners of your sofa. And your vacuum cleaner might not be able to reach these places. So, you can use a thin broom to dust and clean the corners of your sofa bed.
Clean the exposed surfaces
There are unupholstered areas of your sofa bed. Yes, we are talking about the metal and wooden parts that aren’t covered.
You can vacuum them to remove dirt and dust. After that, wipe them with a clean, damp cloth. Don’t forget to dry these parts with a dry cloth.
HOW TO CLEAN A SLEEPER SOFA WITHOUT A VACUUM
There are multiple ways of cleaning your sleeper sofa without a vacuum cleaner. You can use sofa cleaners available in the market or household ingredients.
Here are some super simple steps to clean your sofa bed without a vacuum.
- White vinegar (one cup)
- Dish soap (two teaspoons)
- Warm water (one gallon)
How to clean?
- Mix the vinegar and dish soap in warm water.
- Stir till bubbles appear.
- Take a clean cloth and dip it into the solution. Wring it to remove the excess water.
- Wipe it gently over the fabric.
- Let it settle for 10-15 minutes.
- Clean the residue from the sofa bed with a soft microfiber cloth.
- Allow your sleeper sofa to dry before using it.
What about stubborn stains?
- You’ll need a sponge for that.
- Dampen the sponge with the cleaning solution and press it gently over the stains. Now rub it gently. The stains will vanish within minutes.
- Repeat the process if the stains remain.
How to clean your sofa bed with bicarbonate soda?
Sprinkle two tablespoons of soda over your sofa bed. (on the upholstered areas)
Let it absorb the dirt.
Remove the residue with a broom.
Not cleaning your sofa bed can be the cause of sleepless nights. Or you might even feel itchy while watching your favorite TV show. Now that you know how to clean your sleeper sofa, it’s time to get to work. Make your sofa bed spick and span so your guests can’t turn their eyes off it.
Jennihome offers comfortable sleeper sofas at unbelievable prices. Check it out now!
1. How to clean your sofa bed frame?
Sofa bed frames are usually of wood or metal. So, you can vacuum your sofa bed frame. Alternatively, you can wipe it with a damp cloth and let it dry.
2. How to clean your sofa bed covers?
Clean your sofa bed covers according to the instructions on the label. If the cover is washable, you can put it in the washing machine. Make sure you wash it on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent. Otherwise, send it for dry cleaning.
3. How to clean your sofa bed cushions?
Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust, dirt, and hair from the cushions.
Use a stain remover and rub it on the stained areas with a clean cloth.
If your cushions are washable, put them in the washing machine on a gentle cycle.